Skip to main content

How to fight a COBRA Insurance Cancelation

Chicago, IL |

who do I contact about an unfair cancelation from COBRA insurance? Is this handled by a government agency or do I ( should I) hire an attorney? I live in Illinois but my former employer and COBRA administrator are in Minnesota

+ Read More

Filed under: Employee benefits
Attorney answers 1


I actually think you should contact a MN lawyer.

Your situation is too involved for an online answer.

Using the written documentation you have is a good place to begin. Contact a local lawyer - many may give you a short free consultation - to discuss your specifics. Far too many variables exist in the short post you wrote for any further observation by me. Many attorneys have information posted here on Avvo.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose A Lawyer For You"

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer"

No one can know what the record is in the case because online we cannot see your documents. You need a lawyer. Check with a lawyer in your locale to discuss more of the details.

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This observation is made available by the out-of-state lawyer for educational purposes only. This observation is not like a communication with a lawyer with whom you have an attorney-client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides.