Skip to main content

How to expedite I-131 from outside US? - Urgent

Culver City, CA |

I filed I-131 (for replacement of AP) at chicago lockbox with request to expedite. Its been 2 weeks now and haven't heard from them and check has not been cashed yet. How can I request to expedite again from outside US?

(I am currently outside US and the AP I traveled with was destroyed recently)

Thanks in advance!

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration
Attorney answers 2

Best Answer

There is no formal procedure to obtain an expedite. You can write a letter explaining to the immigration service why the expedite is needed, and they will determine if it qualifies. You may want to retain the services of an attorney to assist you.


It appears that you are implying that your present Advance Parole document covered this time period but it is now destroyed. You may be able to have a U.S. congressperson's office help you with the expedite.

Harvey Mechanic, Attorney at Law
Authorized to handle Immigration matters throughout the United

P.S. If you appreciate my time in giving you this please click the
"thumbs-up" button at the bottom of this answer.

This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should
not be relied upon as legal advice and does not create an
attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer