Skip to main content

How to expedite EAD based on TPS issuance? I am a Syrian Citizen, and its been 85 days since USCIS received my documents!

Newtonville, MA |

I have a job offer that I will lose if I didn't receive my EAD prior to the first of October 2013.
I did the following:
1. Called the National Customer Service Center and placed an EAD expedite service request, and got a service request number
2. Sent an email to
3. Sent the same request via express mail to Vermont Service Center.
4. Attended InfoPass appointment were the officer agreed that I meet the expedite criteria and wrote that to USCIS
5. Contacted Congressman of my area by email through his website
6. Filled the Ombudsman Online Case Assistance form DHS-7001 and got a case number
7. Sent an email to the Ombudsman using this address ''

Please advise.

Thank you.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You have done a lot. Sometimes when you do too much it actually slows your case down because USCIS has to keep pulling the file to a different section to answer the various inquiries so pick one and follow up with that source.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
Concentrating in Immigration Law

2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
San Diego, CA 92108 | (619) 299-9600
Fax: (619) 923-3277

Former Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
University of Illinois College of Law


I agree with Ms. Feldman. By taking so many steps, you may have succeeded in slowing down the process because you have so many inquiries from multiple sources. At this point the only thing you could or should do is be patient and make no further inquiries.

Good luck!

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. A consultation with an experienced attorney is always the best way to go.


You cannot.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer