Skip to main content

How to ensure everything goes smoothly while traveling on pending I-751?

Los Angeles, CA |

Hi everyone,

My wife and I will be traveling to Europe while my wife's I-751 is pending. We filed in December so I expect to get an approval in July or so.

We'll be traveling for three weeks and we have the extension letter so we should be good. I wanted to know if you guys had any ideas to make sure nothing happens to our case while we're gone?

We thought about having a friend check our mail once a week to make sure we don't miss any notices. Any other recommendations?

I'm worried that we may miss a RFE or interview while we're out. Is it easy to reschedule?


+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Hire an attorney

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


I think you should be fine, unless of course you get an RFE, interview or (especially) denial notice while you are out and you miss that. I do suggest you invest in hiring a local immigration attorney to oversee this last part of your I-751 process.

Please note, the above answer is for general informational purposes only. Please feel free to contact our firm should you be interested in scheduling a telephone, Skype or in-person consultation with me to discuss the specific details of your case. NEGRI, TORRES & FIGUEROA-CONTRERAS, PA, 2030 South Douglas Road, Suite 214, Miami, FL 33134, Tel. (305) 639-8599. Se habla español. Falamos português.


I think too, the best way to make sure that everything goes smoothly is to have competent immigration attorney on board.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer