Skip to main content

How to ended emotional abusive marriage with my husband?

Devon, PA |

we are married for about 10 years , have 2 girls 4 y and y old , i am a legal resident of U . S . A . our marriage never was a cherry on a pie , but we stayed together anyway . over few years things was getting worse . i stayed in that toxic bond because of the kids , maybe i wanted to fix it because of them but you cant fix something its so damaged , the main thing is that he likes alcohol . . . he was never interested in being with his family most of the time when he was home i took Marika for a walk so she cant hear his fighting me over things so natural for him to do just being a father . . . when i always was trying to talk to him he just turn me away , he would rather go for a drink than spend time with us . 2nd child the same story + neglecting me putting blame on me , curse , controlled me

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


You should seriously consider meeting with a family law attorney to address your options for divorce, custody, and support.

Stew Crawford, Jr., Esq.

Crawford Law Firm
A Full Service Law Firm serving Pennsylvania & New Jersey

223 North Monroe Street
Media, Pennsylvania 19063 (Philadelphia Region)


All information provided in this comment is intended for informational purposes only and does not, by itself, create an attorney client relationship. If you wish to consult with an attorney, or have any questions concerning this comment, please feel free to contact our offices through any of the above contact sources.


Since you have young children, it is crucial that you meet with an experienced family law attorney for an explanation of your rights. You are going to need to decide whether it will be in your best interests to file for divorce, custody, support, etc. and you will need legal guidence to start the process. if he has an alcohol abuse problem, you may need to have him evaluated so that you have protections for the children in any custody arrangement. Also, family counseling may be helpful.

My response is based solely on the limited information contained in the question. It is not meant to substitute your attorney's advice.


It appears there are many issues to address. You should consult with an attorney.

This answer is for informational purposes only and does not in anyway constitute and/or form an attorney-client relationship.


At this point in time, it appears that you have done what you can to keep your marriage intact but unfortunately it takes two people. From what you have written, It seems that the environment is harmful both to you and your children. You can file for divorce and custody of your children. If you would like to discuss your situation in more depth, feel free to contact me. I can be reached at 610-975-9898.

My response to this question is intended for informational purposes only and should not be interpreted as legal advice. Please be aware that in answering this question, I do not intend to create a privileged or attorney-client relationship. Further, I can make no guarantee as to the accuracy of said answer due to variables that may not be apparent from the phrasing of the question. Every case is unique and this should not be a substitute for seeking personal legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.


Getting out of an emotionally abusive relationship when there are children involved and there are possible immigration issues is a difficult step but I am glad to see that you are doing what you can to protect the children and yourself. See a family law lawyer, in Chester County, if you can and review your options and plan. Once you have had a chance to make some decisions and plans, you can move forward with your life. You may need help, but other women have been able to change their lives and you can too.

Feel free to call my office if you want to discuss this further.

Penelope A. Boyd

Information provided is based on what is presented and should not be considered as legal advice, nor does this answer imply any attorney-client relationship.