Skip to main content

How to drop breaking and entering charges ?

Morehead City, NC |

I knew the person was there and didn't ask them to leave

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


I'm not sure of the question. If you reported a crime of burglary/breaking and entering, you are then a witness to the crime and subject to subpoena by the prosecutor. If you don't want to prosecute the case now, I would recommend you speak with a criminal defense attorney to advocate on your behalf to the DA's office. If you made a police report, you need to be careful you don't get in legal trouble if it contains false statements under NC state law. Consult with local counsel on the best way to proceed.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..


Very confused by your question. You need to clarify.

This is not intended as individual legal advice and there is no attorney client relationship established by this answer. It is advisable that you seek individualized legal assistance. This is not a substitute for hiring an attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer