Skip to main content

How to do consulting and venture capital in US for Indian citizen?

Cupertino, CA |

I am an Indian citizen and have a valid SSN number and currently running my own consultancy in India. I would like to ask how can I provide venture capital to a friend currently in USA. Basically I want to know what are the immigration details (what kind of visa etc) I require so as to invest and do my own consultancy in USA.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


There is no investment treaty (E) with India, so if you want to work in the US, you would need to qualify for another non-immigrant visa.

The most common would be the H-1B, if there is a professional position in the US and you have the required degree or equivalent. Another possibility is the L-1A/L-1B. if you have a year of experience with a related Indian company, you can be transfered to the US related company to work either as an executive or specialized knowledge employee.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer