Skip to main content

How to deal with suspended drivers license notice?

San Jose, CA |
Attorney answers 1


You need to clear up the speeding violation, and the warrant that was likely issued when you failed to appear. Some jurisdictions even file new misdemeanor criminal charges for failing to appear in court, even though it was only on a speeding ticket. After you have cleared the case, you may be able to get the driver's license suspension lifted, if you have no other bases for suspension. I suggest that you seek the representation of a lawyer in your area that handles these types of cases.