Skip to main content

How to apply renewal for EAD & AP without a copy of I-485 receipt notice? How to convense USCIS to resend the original receipt?

Madison, WI |

I never got original I-485 receipt notice from USCIS. When (after waiting 7 months) I called USCIS to send I-485 receipt. But officer said "in their database it is showing as SENT" therefore they will not resend again. Question is: How can I renew my EAD & AP without a copy of I-485 receipt notice? I do have biometric appointment letter which has I-485 receipt number but not sure whether it is a valid document to show pending status of I-485. How to convense USCIS to resend the orginal receipt or copy?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


The biometrics appointment notice may be sufficient. However, there is no guarantee USCIS will accept the notice as proof the application is pending. You should contact USCIS again or retain an attorney to assist you with this matter. Our office has successfully requested copies of filing receipts that our clients did not receive.


I agree with my colleague.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.