Skip to main content

How to annul an immigrant who is gay

Concord, CA |

My friend married an illegal immigrant and found out he is gay. He moved to Hawaii after the marraige and left her behind. He has brain washed her into thinking she will go to jail if she divorced him. But I think it's the other way around. What should she do. She is scared

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


She should get a divorce.


She may be entitled to an annulment. She should see an attorney to discuss her options. But even if she is not entitled to an annulment, she can certainly get divorced.

Best of luck to you.

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "thumbs-up" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated.

This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice, does not create an attorney/client relationship and does not create a right to continuing email exchanges.


Your friend should consult with an Attorney and get a divorce, if that is what she wants. She should not be affraid. It is unlikely that she will go to jail if she divorces him.

The above information is provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. You should consult with an attorney on the specifics of your case.