Skip to main content

How to adopt?

Chicago, IL |

How and what steps do I need to take when trying to adopt a newborn from a family member or friend?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You need to contact an adoption attorney. Contact Sara Howard in Chicago.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about.

Sara R. Howard

Sara R. Howard


Thank you.


This is not the place to publish personal information. Hopefully Avvo will remove your message quickly.


There is a difference in procedures between adoptig from a relative ( known as a (related adoption) versus adopting from a friend (called an unrelated adoption). A related adoption requires less time and the investigation process is limited compared to an unrelated matter. I would be glad to review the details of your particular situation. Feel free to contact me at your convenience. There's no charge for this initial inquiry.

Sara Howard
773/ 509-1818

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer