How to avoid responding to court summon in California when there is a case going in Colorado Springs, CO for same type of cas

Colorado Springs, CO |

How to avoid responding to court summon in California when there is a case going in Colorado Springs, CO for same type of case. This case in going on in Colorado right now and I need to protect my right again California law that stated if a person respond, they are give court jurisdiction over them period.

You MAY have options, but challenging jurisdiction because you already have a case in another state is not one of them. You challenge jurisdiction when you want to challenge jurisdiction, there are other actions to take that delay or bring to a halt the second suit...you need to reveal ALL the details to a CA attorney in order to ID which of the various options fit your circumstances.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.