Skip to main content

How soon Can I repeat the request for visa b1 to the US embassy in Italy for came back in US?

San Diego, CA |

How soon Can I repeat the request for visa b1 to the US embassy in Italy for came back in US?
I have been for 1 year in USA with visa b1. now my visa is exparing and I must retour to my country (Italy).

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You need to talk to a lawyer ... starting with why you used a TEMPORARY business visitor visa for a 1 year stay in the US.

If you go to the US Embassy in Roma, or one of the US Consular posts in Italia .... you will be given a VERY HARD TIME.

You need to work on your story, in consultation with an attorney.

Many of us use Skype for this type of consultation.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


You cannot return any time in the near future. A B-1 visa is supposed to be used for a temporary stay not 1 year. You need to consult an experienced immigration attorney about the matter to see if you triggered a bar to admission and if a better visa option exists for you.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this answer, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the answer without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a licensed attorney. Provision of information on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., nor is it intended to do so.


Well, we don't like the sound of your question! We sense trouble ahead. You better have a really good reason why you stayed for one year on a B1. Did you mean you stayed in the US for a continuous year on a B1? Hopefully you didn't overstay your status at any time. There's no simple way to answer this question, except to say that you will need an attorney to review your immigration history before you return to a US embassy to ask for another visa.

Due to the nature of this forum, Attorney Maria J. Marty does not have all the information required to provide legal advice. Accordingly, her responses on Avvo are intended as general and not legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer