Skip to main content

How soon can I get my WET RECKLESS expunged?

San Jose, CA |

I was recently charged for WET RECKLESS and was assigned to two years of probation. I was wondering when the soonest I can have this expunged from my record? Also, I have a juvenile record I'd like to seal from my record but I need at least 5 years of no crime before I can file for that petition. After I get my Wet Reckless expunged, hopefully after 2 years of my probation, would I be able to petition to seal the juvenile record as well?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


As to your wet reckless you can petition the court to have the case dismissed after you have completed all the conditions of probation. This will not erase or seal your record; in that regard CA does not have a true expungement statute. In case you were thinking this would clear your DMV record it won't; DMV will always have a record of your wet, reckless.

As to your juvenile record you can have it sealed at 18 but you must request that it be sealed. Contact the probation department. I know of no rule that you must be crime free for 5 years before it can be sealed.


The soonest possible you can apply for early termination of probation is half the probationary period. After that is granted you can apply for the 1203.4. Once you are off probation you can try to seal your record but you may want an attorney if you were supposed to be crime free for 5 years.
Robert Driessen

Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at


You must complete the probation conditions and time and then make a request to the courts.

These materials have been prepared by the Law Office of Russ Wyatt for informational purposes only and are not legal advice, are not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up-to-date. This response is not intended to create, and access to or receipt of information included in this response does not constitute, a lawyer-client relationship. No one should act upon this information without seeking professional counsel. Although we would be pleased to communicate with you by e-mail or otherwise, do not send us information until you speak with one of our lawyers and get authorization to send that information to us. Please be aware that if you communicate with us by e-mail or otherwise in connection with a matter for which we do not already represent you, your communication may not be treated as privileged or confidential. Contact the Law Office of Russ Wyatt at 916-572-9779 or Also find us online at and

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer