Skip to main content

How soon can a person return to the USA after a voluntary departure as a turist ?

Forest Hills, NY |

I am leaving the USA, and I want to return to visit some more places and states that I havent visited yet. How soon can I return after leaving to Israel? (I am a turist and live in Israel)

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If you were given voluntary departure because of overstaying your visa, I doubt that the U.S. Embassy will issue a tourist visa to you for the next few years. You will have to convince them that you will return to Israel in a timely fashion. You may be able to speed this time up if you have a stable job, are married, have children, etc.