Skip to main content

How soon after a car accident (where the other driver was at fault), should I contact a Personal Injury Lawyer?

Perryville, MO |
Attorney answers 8


Tomorrow! You want help as fast as you can get it so that you don't make any mistakes that could compromise your ability to receive full compensation for your injuries!

Good luck!

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.


Motor vehicle accident cases have been complicated by many factors including legislative action and the growing role of liens. You did not mention the nature of your injury - the injury is what it is. Responding to your concerns here are 10 reasons you should not delay in obtaining legal representation: BLUE LINK BELOW

Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. This creates no attorney-client relationship.


Immediately. There are many pitfalls in filing a personal injury claim. An experienced PI lawyer can navigate them for you and maximize the value of your case by keeping an eye on ALL injuries and damages, some of which you may never think of. Attorneys gather medical records and bills, communicate with your doctor on causation (a necessary part of the case) keep track of your lost wages, highlight and present your pain and suffering and loss of quality of life damages, and ensure there is enough money for future medical needs, if appropriate. The sooner you hire one, the better off you will be.

This is general advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.


Answers: ASAP and yes.


You should contact a lawyer after you get emergency treatment, but before you give a recorded statement to an insurance company. Generally, sooner is better, but take care of immediate medical treatment first.

Usually, the attorney collects all of the necessary bills and medical records (and the police report). Your main job will be to follow doctors' orders and get needed medical treatment.

This answer is intended for information purposes, and does not constitute legal advice. It does not substitute for legal counsel, nor does it create an attorney/client relationship. The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.


You should hire an attorney immediately. The longer you wait, the more difficult it is for an attorney to protect your interests and gather evidence.

While we hope this information is helpful and informative, it should not be considered a substitute for legal advice. The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely on advertisements. Please contact us for a free consultation on your injury claim - there is never a fee unless we collect money for you.


Yes, have a local personal injury lawyer investigate.


Immediately, he would handle all of that.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer