Skip to main content

How serious is it to a have 14 year old warrant in lake county for a dui?

Chicago, IL |

a relative has a unique situation. he was unaware of a warrant after recieving a DUI in 1999. he was recently arrested for it and sent to cook county jail then relocated to lake county jail. his attorney got him out of the 90 day sentence but his court dates keep comming and going with no resolution or answers to when he will be released. if he is released but has to wear an ankle braclet for the 12 weeks he has to attend classes, how much more will that cost?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Only the attorney handling the case can answer this. There may be grounds to get the case dismissed as well for the failure to prosecute but that will depend on the facts.
Robert Driessen

Mr. Driessen is a former Deputy DA in Orange County with over 8 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Driessen, feel free to contact him at


No one could predict the actual outcome of that stale protracted legal matter, however, in my opinion, the most instrumental person affecting that pending criminal case is the attorney of record. That person has to have the most complete understanding of the applicable legal strategy, has to know each legal nuance for appropriate tactics of handling this matter to a more or less optimal closure, et cetera.
If you feel your counsel is not up to that ordeal you may retain another criminal defense attorney of your choosing.
In terms of legal fees, each attorney values their professional work based on several factors such as experience, skills and personal attention to the legal matter, thus, a fee would depend on these considerations, yet, I canot quote you a set amount for this complex legal matter, especially to be perfomed by another legal professional.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602


I suggest talking to his current attorney about your concerns. If the attorney does not answer your questions in a satisfactory manner, your relative is free to hire other counsel. Keep in mind that the attorney may not be able to talk to you about the case, unless he has your relative's permission. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen