Skip to main content

How much would be my fine or jail time for conspiraring a minor to theft?

El Paso, TX |

My younger brother was caught stealing but since I was with him they said I was the master mind it is a felony

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You need a criminal defense lawyer NOW.

Why? You say you are facing a felony. The lowest level felony carries from 6 months to 2 years in a state jail. Do not confuse state jail with county jail. From the prisoner's point of view, a state run jail is pretty much a prison. And, the fine for a felony theft can be up to $10,000.

So, get a lawyer. Who knows. A lawyer may be able to get you probation...maybe even probation without a conviction (aka deferred adjudication). Maybe even beat the case. Of course, without knowing the facts and seeing what the prosecutor has, that's all just guesswork. But a good criminal defense lawyer can size up the case and give you specific advice on how to proceed based on the strength or weakness of the case against you.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.


Have they charged you with that yet? El Paso is pretty lazy as to charging, and usually would simply charge that as a misdemeanor. But you need to talk to a local attorney so they can speak with the district attorneys office.

Please remember that this response was made generally to a general question posted on a web site. The advice was provided free of charge and is intended to provide guidance and encouragement for you to seek a practitioner in your local area. If you needed this assistance, that should show that the area of law you are researching is deep subject and open to possible multiple interpretations. Please go talk to a local attorney.


The range of punishment depends on the level of the offense.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer