Skip to main content

How much will it cost me to get a divorce while my husband is in jail?

Cleveland, TN |

he has been in out of jail for child support and meth and pot charges has not seen his daughter in over a year and I need to know to will we both have to go to parenting classes

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You can contact your local court clerk for the filing fee for a divorce with children, you should speak the clerk's about submitting a pauper's oath to see if you qualify for the fee to be waived. The attorney's will vary based on the complexity of your case and likelihood of settlement. Both parties have to complete the parenting class, but as long as you are the primary residential parent and you complete the class, it will not delay the entry of the parenting plan order.