How much will an Attorney cost for a Minor Visibly Intoxicated ? ( CAB . 035 )

Liberty, MO |

Hello i was at a party and i had one beer to drink but it was busted . I am a minor and i had one beer to drink . They had us Breathalyzer . I blew a . 035 . I AM going to hire an attorney to try to lower the charge . I was wondering about how much money this whole thing will cost ? Thanks !

Call a few criminal defense attorneys who practice in the city or county where the party was and ask them for a price quote to represent you. Make sure you ask the attorney if he or she has handled this type of case before, and how often they handle this type of case.

The answers submitted on AVVO by The Rogers Law Firm, LLC d/b/a LeadFootSpeedingTicket.com are for informational purposes only, do not constitute legal advice, are not intended to be advertising, and are not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up-to-date. The transmission of information on AVVO is not intended to establish, and receipt of such information does not establish or constitute, an attorney-client relationship. The reader should not act on the answers without first consulting legal counsel.

Okay thank you! is it possible to get this charge reduced at all?

Andrea R. Rogers

Andrea R. Rogers

Yes. I'm not familiar with Liberty, MO courts, but if this happened in St. Louis, your attorney would definitely be able to keep this off your permanent criminal record. Most likely, you will be offered a deal involving unsupervised probation and an SIS (suspended imposition of sentence). With an SIS, the original charge is dismissed if you successfully complete probation without any violations.

okay sounds good. You are so much help! i was also wondering, am i able to hire a lawyer at the age of 17 considering i was able to get a ticket at 17 shouldn't i be able to get my own representation too? Thanks!

Andrea R. Rogers

Andrea R. Rogers

Yes, you can hire a lawyer. In the eyes of the law, you are an adult at age 17.

Attorney Rogers is exactly right. Attorney fees can vary a good deal within a community and their fees, for a lot of good reasons, are not advertised like the price of a gallon of gasoline. It will take some time and effort on your part to find a good attorney at a cost you consider reasonable. Most will offer you a free, if limited, consultation. Take advantage of that opportunity to speak privately with as many as you choose. You will learn what options may be available to you and the costs associated with those efforts. Good luck.

Richard Timothy Jones

Richard Timothy Jones

Make sure you get along well with whoever you hire.

William A. Jones Jr.

William A. Jones Jr.

Very important, agreed.

There is a wide variety in costs for attorneys. Be sure to call around. You probably want to avoid the least expensive and the most expensive. Find someone you're comfortable with.
www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
512-495-1813
Austin DWI Lawyer

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

The other attorneys are correct. Fees vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction and from office to office. I practice in Springfield, just a few hours south of you, and we typically charge around $1250 on a first offense. But call around your area for sure and you will usually be able to get a quote over the phone.

Zero Tolerance laws apply in both Missouri & Illinois. An experienced and knowledgable lawyer with expert negotiation skills may be able to help you, with not getting your license suspended or revoked.