Skip to main content

How much time may I have to serve in jail in bell county Texas for S POSS CS PG 1 <1G ?

Killeen, TX |
Attorney answers 3


I can't tell from your description what level of offense(s) you are charged with. At least a state jail. And maybe also a third degree? The maximum punishment on a state jail is two years in the state jail. The maximum punishment on a third degree is ten years in prison. This does not mean these will be your sentences. Whether or not you enter a plea bargain or your case should be resolved another way is something your attorney will be able to discuss with you after reviewing th state's evidence.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.


A state jail felony possession charge is punishable by six months to 2 years. A third degree is punishable by 2 to 10 years. Most first time offenders receive probation.
Austin Drug Lawyer

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website,


I agree with the other two attorneys regarding the range of punishment. You need to hire a good defense attorney soon.

Todd Steele's response to your question is for general information purposes only. Nothing in this response should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer