Skip to main content

How much time has to elapse to get a medical malpractice suit against the Illinois department of Corrections?

Clarksville, TN |

I had a tooth infection and the tooth was never pulled and there was an out break in the prison as well. 5 months later I had conjestive heart failure and had to go into immediate surgery to have two metal heart valves put into my chest. It has already been a year. I got out in February and been in the hospital several times since then. I cannot lift over 15 pounds for the rest of my life and I am trying to file disability. The day before my surgery they pulled two to three teeth and also fond bartonella on my old heart valves I was in perfect health prior to this. Now I am living with a lifetime disease do to the prison itself. I paroled out in February to Tennesse where my mom lives and I stay with her and still trying to get disability. I have no insurance.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


I would limit myself to attorneys in Illinois. You may want google such attorneys and have a consultation. Each state has its own statute of limitations wherein you can bring a medical malpractice lawsuit.


You would want to search Avvo's "find a lawyer" for a med mal lawyer immediately to discuss all your issues.

The answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

Lassen Law Firm
1515 Market St #1510
Philadelphia, PA 19102

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755


The elapsing of time is your enemy. Act now and contact a personal injury attorney. Usually the statute of limitations for bringing a medical malpractice claim is shorter than for other types of torts.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer