How much sway is given for second opinion radiology readings and chiropractors?

Atlanta, GA |

Cant afford a neurological on my WC earnings and dont trust my docs

Filed under: Medical malpractice

As you posted this as a malpractice question, I am assuming you are trying to determine if you have a malpractice case against a worker's comp doctor. Malpractice cases have to be accompanied by an affidavit from a medical professional who is willing to state that the person you are seeking to sue breached the standard of care. A chiropractor would not likely fit the bill, and a radiologist would only help if the person you are seeking to sue misread a scan. If you feel that you have a malpractice claim, seek a consultation with a malpractice attorney. They could determine what kind of expert you need, and can help you get in to see one if necessary. You need to make sure that any such visit will not interfere with your pending worker's comp case as well.

The above information is general in nature. In order to obtain more specific and legal advice upon which to base your important decisions, please contact our office directly for a free phone or in person consultation. Robert M. Gardner, Jr. Hicks, Massey & Gardner, LLP EMAIL: hmgrmg@yahoo.com, OFFICES: 53 W. Candler St., Winder, Ga. 30680, 106 Washington Street, Jefferson, Ga. 30549, Or 718 Oak St. Gainesville, Georgia. PHONE: (770) 307-4899 or (770) 538-0555 gadebtlaw.com hicksmasseyandgardner.com serving metro Atlanta and all of Northeast Georgia Bankruptcy, Divorce, Personal Injury, Worker’s Compensation, Medical Malpractice, Adoption, Civil and Criminal Litigation

If this is a comp case you need to get referral form the comp doctor. You need to retain a work comp attorney, if you do not have one. An MD or DO opinion is generally given much more weight then a chiropractor.

I think it is wise to speak to a WC attorney before you do anything. Like anything it depends on the one who is performing the interpretation. I have seen Chiropractic physicians read in my area who trained with some of the best radiologists.

You need to discuss it with your WC lawyer