Skip to main content

How much money I should make so my wife could apply for h-4 visa?

Canfield, OH |

I am planning to apply for h1-b visa. I have a company that will hire me and I wanted to know how much money I should make so it would be considered that I am able to maintain my family? Is it hard to get h-4 visa specially if are married only a few months?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


The wage listed on the LCA.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


If your salary meets the H1b requirements, meaning the average wage for that position, your income will be enough also for an H4 for your spouse.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.


I agree with the other.

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 Enjoy our Blog at


If you and your spouse will be applying for H-1B/H-4 visa at the same time, the money part will not come into question. How much you will be making is provided in the Form I-129, which is already with the US consulate, as a part of H-1B petition. It is not hard to obtain an H-4 visa for your spouse if you are married - the duration of marriage is not the factor.


The prevailing wage


There is no condition like what you stated, attached to H4. This may be because if you could get an H1 approval you would be earning fairly high and would be able to support your dependants. Best Wishes!
Lalita Haran
Attorney: Immigration Law
13295 Illinois St Ste. 128
Carmel IN 46032
Ph: (317) 660-6174

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer