Skip to main content

How much evidence would be needed to convict someone of abduction?

Akron, OH |

a friend got charged with abduction, he didn't physically nor emotionally make the girl feel like she couldn't leave in fact he offered her to use the phone to call her parents to leave
the other person who actually did the crime is trying to pin the crime on my friend
my friend has at least 2 witnesses that can prove he had nothing to do with this but due to being incarcerated cant get a hold of them
can he really get charged with no evidence?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

Your friend needs a lawyer NOW, and He doesnt need anyone, including you, posting anything about the case on this public site or talking to anyone about the case.

This answer does not form an attorney-client relationship and is for advice only.


It is forcibly taking someone away against their will

Have him hire a lawyer to get those witness statements sewn up


Yes he can be charged with nominal evidence and will be convicted unless he gets a good attorney who can assist him. Weighing evidence is a tricky thing and requires a good attorney to combat.

Attorney Chris Beck
Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
1370 North Fairfield Rd.
Suite C
Beavercreek, Ohio 45432
(937)426-4000 phone

The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client relationship. Attorney Beck is available for private hire and consultation for a fee. Only after Attorney Beck is retained as counsel, or agrees to discuss this matter with you privately, shall he be legally deemed to be your Attorney. His responses herein are an attempt to assist persons temporarily based upon the very extremely limited amount of information provided by the questioner


Regardless of whether he can locate his alibi witnesses, he needs an attorney. The attorney can take care of that part.

Attorneys on Avvo donate their time and your feedback is appreciated. Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer