Skip to main content

How much does the court get involved in an uncontested divorce - Los Angeles, CA

Los Angeles, CA |

How much does the court get involved into the division of money and property if my husband and I have already agreed on how to divide the money and property? will it delay the divorce in any way?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


The court will have involvement if you complete all the declarations and stipulations. It can be done in just over six months.

This is for general information only. Nothing in this information should be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship nor shall any of this information be construed as providing legal advice. Laws change over time and differ from state to state. These answers are based on California Law.Applicability of the legal principles discussed may differ substantially in individual situations. You should not act upon the information presented herein without consulting an attorney about your particular situation. No attorney-client relationship is established.


No; the court has no time to review your judgment.

This response will not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Sarieh Law Offices, and is not intended to serve as a legal advice in your specific circumstances. This response is a legal opinion based solely on facts represented and you should not rely on this legal opinion as a legal advice. You still need to consult an attorney directly to fully protect your legal rights.


The court really doesn't get involved with decisions that are mutually agreed upon. The courts encourage settlement. Make sure all of your disclosures are filed. File the appropriate paperwork and the court should not interfere. If you don't file all of the appropriate paperwork, the court will interfere and require the appropriate documents.

This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship. This means that I am not your lawyer and I will not appear in court simply by posting on this site. If you would like me to represent you, you must call my office, sign a written fee agreement and pay a legal fee, assuming I do not have a conflict of interest and you are in Southern California. If I respond to your question and you have follow up questions by posting on this site, I may or may not reply. This information should not be construed as legal advice. I am offering my opinion. Each person's case is unique, and that's why you should contact a lawyer over the phone for a consultation for your situation. That's why you should not rely on any response that an attorney posts on this site. I am licensed in California. I am not licensed in another state or country. I do not practice law outside of California.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer