Skip to main content

How much does chapter 7 bankruptcy cost in Connecticut?

Windsor, CT |

my son (28 yrs old) was sued by Bank of America for $14,000 which includes atty fees and interest. He filed an appearance and answer but judgment was made against him on Jan 8th. He owes 2,500 in other debt. plus 25,000 in student loans. He has no assets, no bank accts. is a recovering heroin addict on state assistance (8 months clean) and has started working again as substitute teacher. Would Chapter 7 help him with his debt?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Bankruptcy is certainly an option he should explore. Fees vary tremendously, depending on the details of the case, the experience of the attorney, and the city where the case will be filed. Most bankruptcy attorneys offer a free initial consultation; he should take advantage of this.


Fees for Bankruptcy vary greatly though out the state depending on the locale. You should contact a bankruptcy attorney to discuss this as well as other possible options for your son.


Fees for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy vary greatly. I think that under the circumstances Chapter 7 might be a good option for your son. If your son does decide to file Chapter 7, he should look for an experienced Bankruptcy Lawyer.

I highly recommend, Attorney Gregory Arcaro of Brown, Paindiris and Scott in Glastonbury. He is a former colleague and a well respected Bankruptcy Lawyer. He offers free consultations and can be reached at 860-659-0700.

Good Luck.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Response is for informational purposes only. Time is of the essence. Do not delay. See a lawyer immediately.