Skip to main content

How much does a lawyer charge for help me with my problem?,do I need one?

Hialeah, FL |

I have a condominium in Miami,it have mold now,because water liking from the condominium from second floor,the owner refuse to accept her responsibility,and pay for the damage,it was fix before,but look like the job was no done right.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Other than a homeowners insurance claim, which might be handled on a contingent fee, a legal action against a adjacent condo owner would typically involve a retainer and an hourly rate, the amount of which would ultimately depend on the details and value of the controversy. I.e. if you have $500,000.00 worth of claimed damages, and a complicated legal dispute, your fee would be infintitely more than if you had a $5,000.00 and the owner was not denying liability and had insurance coverage.


The general advice would be that it would not hurt you to sit down with a lawyer offline and discuss the specifics (value, amount of damage etc.) and see where to go from there. You can use the avvo lawyer search to find a lawyer that offers a free initial consultation in your area.

Best of luck

There is NO attorney-client privilege based on this interaction. I am NOT your attorney. We have no signed engagement letter with a clear understanding regarding fees. Further, everything we both just wrote is publicly available on the internet and would be the same as if we were talking in a crowded restaurant, there are many witnesses looking over your shoulder and can repeat anything you write here. If you need legal assistance use Avvo to find a local attorney in your jurisdiction that you feel can best represent your interests as a zealous advocate. My experience is in corporate tax, white collar criminal defense, partnership tax, and tax controversy/litigation. If you're being audited by the IRS or state taxing authority, or you are taking an unusually risky tax position on a return, that is the kind of thing you should have experienced counsel on your side and we can set up an initial consultation. If you have a family law, debt collection, violent crime sort of issue then I do not handle that. Do not contact me for an initial consultation on non-tax matters.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer