Skip to main content

How many times are you able to delay a case?

Hightstown, NJ |

I was issued a citation/summons on 4/21/2013 for speeding. I was clocked going 87mph in a 55mph zone. I wish to delay the case for as long as possible (school, work, home life, etc). If I plead not guilty to the case and request a continuance is it possible that I can get out of paying for the ticket as well as getting the points on my license.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You can delay once maybe twice. With an attorney you can delay more but that defeats the purpose since you have to pay the attorney. An experienced criminal defense attorney can likley get you a 0 point ticket in Hightstown. On your own you can reduce it to 2 points. Sooner or later you need to deal with this. Call will more information.


I agree with Mr. Cheser.

973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.


Traffic defense is not my field and New Jersey is not my state, but just on the basis of roughly forty years in criminal practice I would suggest that you consider a different strategy.


Contact us if you want to consult with a NJ traffic court lawyer.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer