How many days it will take to approve the petition once after submitting RFE documents ?

Chicago, IL |

Hi, To submit my RFE documents the Actual last date of submission is May 12,2012. I submitted my RFE documents on May 04, 2012. Still my petition in Initial Review state. Please tell me how many days it will take to approve the petition once after submitting the RFE documents. I heard its one month. Is that correct ?

It depends on what the RFE is for. Can you tell us what type of application and or/petition you submitted? And even with that information we can answer based upon experience, there is no set amount of time.

FREE CONSULTATION ON IMMIGRATION AND DEPORTATION MATTERS Contact: Law Offices of KiKi M. Mosley 208 S. LaSalle St. Suite 1400 Chicago, Illinois 60604 773-501-2039 kiki@kikislaw.com The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question. kiki@kikislaw.com

My Vis type is H1B. Please tell me how many days it will take to process the RFE.

KiKi Maria Mosley

KiKi Maria Mosley

It can take months. There are no published times for RFE's however if it were after an interview generally you will hear within 60 days. Since that is not the case, I cannot tell you. Given that it was an RFE for an H1B, I hope you had legal counsel. H1B RFE's are highly technical.

This depends on so many details that it is impossible to accurately answer in a public forum like Avvo. USCIS does list standard processing times on their website.

Depending on what kind of petition this is, you may want to hire an attorney to be sure you deal properly with the RFEs. It is always better to get things done right the first time than to try an fix things after a denial of a petition.

This answer is intended as public information about a legal topic. Answers posted here do not create an attorney-client relationship. For specific legal advice, please make an appointment to speak with an attorney in private.

It depends, but generally within 60 days.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.