How long will it take to get my pip check.

Louisville, KY |

I was a pedestrian struck by a car back in september. Needless to say I was at fault in the end. The driver has pip protection I have recived the letter telling the insurance company to send the check. How long do I have to wait before i recieve my check?

If you were struck by a motor vehicle you should contact an attorney. Your attorney can help you with PIP as well as settling any injury claims you may have. PIP checks don't take long to receive if you know what you're doing. That's why an attorney would be helpful.

I had an attorney. I recieved the letter dated the 14th of nov. telling the insurance company (kentucky farm Bearu) to go ahead and send me the check.

Martin Pohl

Martin Pohl

I would contact your attorney then. As a personal injury attorney, speaking with PIP adjusters is something we do on a regular basis.

They terminated my contract last week, can I stiil talk to them about my case. Or am I on my own, playing the waiting game knowing nothing

Martin Pohl

Martin Pohl

I would first contact your attorney. If that fails you can try contacting another attorney or if the PIP check is all that you have left to do you could simply try calling the PIP adjuster yourself. I would definitely try with your attorney first though.

If you were injured that by all means contact a personal injury attorney. With a free consultation it costs you nothing to find out what your legal rights are.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

Under the Kentucky PIP/No-Fault statute the insurance company is to make payment within 30 days of receiving a medical bill or proof of loss wages. It is not automatic, it is only paid tfor medical bills for treatment for injuries received in the car accident. I would suggest you contact a Kentucky personal inury attorney who concentrates in car acciident cases to further explore your options.

The author of this posting is licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. This posting is intended to provide general information only, and is not intended to provide as legal advice in connection with any specific case or fact situation, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. For specific legal answers you should consult with an attorney.