Skip to main content

How long will it take to get divorced if my husband agrees to everything?

Brookline, MA |

We have no kids and we rent, all i have is the ineritance i got from my dad which i want to use for a down payment on a condo?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

I Concurr wtih attny Robbins who is an outstanding attorney. If you have nothing to fight about, don't let the lawyers make there be something to fight about, try and work out a joiint petition for divorce, you will file in Norfolk probate court which is in Canton and prepare financial statements, a separation agreement which the court should accept, along wtih the original marriage certificate. take care.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.


You have to draft a separation agreement and file all material for a joint petition. Taking into account the nisi period probably 6 months from now everything will be done and the nisi period would have run. Best to work with an attorney as they can help achieve this relatively quickly.

I wish you all the best.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: I am licensed to practice law in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and have an office in Waltham. My practice is focused in the areas of family law, estate planning, probate, elder law, landlord-tenant and employment law. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. Please contact me with questions and concerns at: (T): 781-647-8100 (E): I wish you all the best.

Howard M Lewis

Howard M Lewis


great counsel


If you file an uncontested divorce action with all of the necessary papers, you could have a final hearing scheduled within about a month or two. The divorce becomes final 120 days after the final hearing in an uncontested divorce. Good luck.

Advice provided is of a general nature to provide guidance. Divorce law is state specific. One should always check the laws in their home jurisdiction. An attorney-client relationship is not intended or established through provided responses.