Skip to main content

How long will it take for USCIS to reaffirm my husbands case ?

Jamaica, NY |

my husband's case was approved in DEC2012 , and he went for the interview in March of 2012 his visa was denied and the consular officer told him that they are sending his case back to uscis for review . his was received by USCIS in OCT 2012 . finally on March 27 I received a intend to revoke notice , My attorney did send the response on April 24th and USCIS did update the status to response to evidence received and it under review . on the intend to revoke notice it was mentioned that i should receive a decision within 33 days when a timely response is made . and its it has been more 60 days and i have received anything . i have Uscis many times and even requested info pass , but they are just giving the same answers which are available on line nothing more . i even reapplied for him again

+ Read More

Attorney answers 7


Contact a Congressman


You need to hire a good attorney to look into your case to move it along. One of the things they will do is contact your local Congressman as my Colleague suggests.


Forget about the congressperson for now: hire a skilled immigration lawyer to vigorously pursue this on your behalf.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


I agree with Attorney Behar.

Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 NOTE: Responses are for the education of the community at large and is not intended to be "legal advice." No attorney-client relationship is established by responses or comments.


You need to hire an immigration lawyer immediately.

IMPORTANT: Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during an attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private attorney-client consultation. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, an attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual. For persons located in New Jersey: To the extent that Mr. Murray's profile can be considered an advertisement in New Jersey, which is denied, be advised that NO ASPECT OF THIS ADVERTISEMENT HAS BEEN APPROVED BY THE SUPREME COURT OF NEW JERSEY. Furthermore, the selection methodology for the SuperLawyers' "Rising Stars" awards is set forth at length at this website:


If you no longer have an attorney, you should immediately get a consultation from a new immigration attorney, someone who can review your file and provide advice asto what further steps to take. You should not do this on your own.

FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION AVAILABLE. Phone (646) 663-5902. Offices in Queens and Manhattan. Website located at Our responses on this site do not create an attorney-client relationship. Our responses on this website are for educational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. Immigration and nationality law is a complex area of law which requires careful review of a person's particular circumstances. Do not rely on any answers provided on this site to make a decision on your case. For proper legal advice, you may contact us for a free initial consultation.


An experienced immigration attorney can help to unravel the problems and get the case back on track for approval. While going to a Congressman's office may seem like a good way to solve the problem, there is little the congressional offices can do other than to ask if the proper process is being followed. A seasoned aggressive attorney can get this straightened out - even if it means filing an action in federal district court.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.