Skip to main content

How long to file complaint misconduct of state police and immigration enforcement agents in place immigration removal proceeding

Blakeslee, PA |

3/5/2004, I was arrested by 3 ICE agents with 9 other women at the local criminal courtroom. At that time, We all free on bail and criminal cases were pending until 2/3/2006. I believe the police use criminal court system and made us arrest by the ICE agents. After hearing the ICE agents took us to the ICE office set bail again and put in jail for 4 days until posted bond. 3/8/2004, the ICE agents continued false statement I-213 include NCIC record claim to criminal alien and put into deportable. 2/3/2006, I plead guilty to M3, 364days probation, fine$1,000.00 paid $10,000.00 court cost?. 2007 the ICE agents continued made false statement to the government with police affidavit. And I have been in place immigration removal proceeding over 9 years since 2004 with a single petty offense

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You can file a complaint at any time with the Department of Homeland Security. However, without havin mg an opportunity to review the criminal and immigration records, I cannot assess whether the complaint has merit. Also, please keep in mind that filing a complaint will not necessarily resolve your immigration issues.

Wendy R. Barlow, Esq, The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., 111 Broadway, Suite 1306, New York NY 10006, (866) 456-­8654,, The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. No recipients of content from this answer, clients or otherwise, should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the answer without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from a licensed attorney. Provision of information on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and The Law Offices of Grinberg & Segal, P.L.L.C., nor is it intended to do so.


Like my colleague stated ... you can file a complaint anytime.

But, as horrible as you think they treated you ... be prepared for them to 'win' with any complaint you file.

Hire a civil rights lawyer ... it is the only way you can improve your chances of success.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


You can file whatever complaint you want. This is USA. However, in my opinion, your facts may not rise to the level of a civil rights violation. Talk to a civil rights attorney. I understand the concept of American exceptionalism and the fact that in this country people expect things to be and work better than in others. However, when I run into questions like yours, I always think to myself whether you would give the thought of suing the government any consideration had you been in your country and ran into a similar situation, and what would be your expectation of the law enforcement response there.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.



John Lassen 1-877-252-4630