How long the NVC will take after the I-130 has been approved?

East Elmhurst, NY |

Hi, i am a green cardholder. I applied for my spouse on october 2012. I got the approval letter on september 13, 2013. So i want to know when nvc will start other processing? How long it will take? When they will call my husband for interview? My husband lives in bangladesh..please let me know in details.

Filed under: Immigration

Could take up to 9-12 months, if there are no problems or delays with the initial submission.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. If you have further inquiries you may contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

My colleague is correct in his assessment. It could take anywhere between 9-12 months.

The information contained on this page is for educational and informative purpose only. This response does not constitute legal advice. The readers of this information should not act based solely based on information contained herein. Answers can only be general, as specific responses can only be provided with full knowledge of case facts.

One year or more, assuming there will be no problems and roadblocks, such as security name checks, etc.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Depends on what the priority dates do.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Usually it takes about 20 days for NVC to receive the I-130 and crate a NVC case. After that depends how fast you move to comply with fee and document requirements. If time is of essence, hire an immigration attorney to handle the processing for you.