How long should it take for distribution of Trust after death of last parent? Death was 5-5-09 Texas.

Cedar Hill, TX |

Step-father died 5-5-09 - 6 children are to inherit equally - 3 from Mother, 3 from father - Trustee says no distribution of trust until after 1-1-10 - this is simple trust with no property that has to be sold. Has IRAs and Annuities in Trust assets. Also can I request information on the trust - trust was established 1993.
I think Financial Institution that established trust is stalling for unknown reasons. The Trustee has no idea of what they are supposed to be doing - they wouldn't send me copy of trust until I threatened them with getting attorney to get that done.

It seems the financial planner and the institutions attorney are the ones making all the decisions.

Attorney answers

There are no attorney answers yet. But, check back regularly—people often get a response within 12 hours.