Skip to main content

How long I-360 under VAWA get approved after I got Prima Facie under VAWA Notification? and What is the possibility?

Los Angeles, CA |

How long usually self petition I-360 under vawa get approved? I already got Prima Facie Under Vawa notification..
the Problem I m not in US at the moment. I was married US Citizen and we were married in LA. I sent my self petition I-360 from my own country. I was applied permanent resident when I was in LA. and I got my prima facie under vawa notification last July, it says that I have to wait for 180 days. USCIS sent it to my address in my country. What is my possibility?
Thank You

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You may apply for a VAWA relief, however leaving the U.S. abroad constitutes abandonment of your LPR Petition and subsequently VAWA filing.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions stated above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual or legal circumstances related to one's current legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a comprehensive legal before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. If you have further inquiries you may contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602


Not very good at all, since you are out of the country.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


As my colleagues pointed out ... leaving the US was possibly an abandonment of your papers.

Talk to an attorney... many use Skype.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- -- -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer