How long from the date of false arrest / imprisonment /malicious prosecution do I have to get counsel and file notice?

Orlando, FL |

how long from the date of false arrest / imprisonment /malicious prosecution do I have to get counsel and file notice?

in case it was not clear this is in Orlando Florida

Your question is too vague to answer with certainty. First, the criminal matter must resolved in your favor. Next, you will have to send notice of suit to the agency you are seeking to sue. You must then wait 6 months before filing suit. Hope that helps

Disclaimer: Answers to questions posted on Avvo.com are for informational purposes only and should not be relied upon since the information provided is very limited and it is not possible to properly evaluate the legal issues involved without having all the facts and thoroughly reviewing the applicable law. Neither do they constitute legal advice and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. You are not my client and I am not your attorney unless and until you and I sign an agreement of representation

Thanks I knew the 6 month prior notice for a state agency rule but thought there may be another time limit I have not heard of.Cheers

I only think I know what you are asking because of my colleagues answer.

If this is not a criminal defense question and is instead a civil rights question then you should remove and report with a practice area for "civil rights" instead of "criminal defense". As it is tagged you are attracting criminal defense lawyers who traditionally do not file civil lawsuits.

If, on the other hand, you are looking to defend your "false arrest" case in criminal court well then you should make an appointment with an experienced Orlando area criminal defense lawyer and take it from there. In this event, and although I practice primarily in Miami-Dade County you are welcome to contact my office for a referral or two, or you can search either Avvo or the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers website by locality (please see http://www.facdl.org/ - and click on the "Find A Lawyer" tab).

Either way best of luck!

First, second and third: No attorney-client relationship exists by virtue of any Q&A with Michael A. Haber, Esq. on Avvo. Fourth: Anything that you post on Avvo (or on similar sites) or on any social media is by its nature public. It is essentially an admission / confession and can be introduced into evidence as a statement against your interest in a subsequent legal proceeding. Once posted you lose any reasonable expectation of privacy, so, as this is an open forum (with no privilege attached), please be extra careful when considering what to post online (forewarned is forearmed.)

I do not understand your question Did you get arrested? Suing the government is an uphill battle.