How long does the misdemeanor charge stay on record in the state of Mississippi?

Jackson, MS |

It does not go away. Misdemeanor charges are not dropped after a certain time. They can be expunged UNLESS they are traffic related

As for insurance purposes, that is up to the insurer

The law office of Anders Ferrington 601-316-8428 practices state wide. In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but instead need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice.

The Mississippi Highway Safety Patrol(MHSP) has computer programs that are currently set for five years of offenses under the traffic code,due primarily to the length of time law enforcement looks back to enhance punishment for DUI's(three DUI's in five years becomes a felony) Generally traffic tickets both stay on your record forever,and con not be expunged.However after five years MHSP would have to go into the records to find that which is no longer on their current computer records.In thirty four years of practice,and seven years as a police officer it has been my experience that MHSP looks no further than five years back. the chances of a suspended license ticket being on your record at the state level are remote at best.

Legal disclaimer: This communication is for informational purposes only, and does not establish any attorney-client relationship, pursuant to the... more Legal disclaimer: This communication is for informational purposes only, and does not establish any attorney-client relationship, pursuant to the applicable Mississippi Rules of Professional Conduct

It depends on which records you are talking about? Your record at the DMV only looks back 3 to 5 years, but your record in the court in the County where the tickets were received is permanent.

Attorney Stacy E. Pepper is licensed in all State and Federal Courts in Mississippi. He is a founding Partner in the law firm of Pepper & Odom, P.C. Nothing posted here constitutes any attorney client relationship and is meant for educational purposes only. Office hours are 8:00 a.m till 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Phone: 601-914-9219 Facsimile: 888-456-2160 www.pepperodom.com