Skip to main content

How long does it take to see a judge or get a bond when detained at krome?

Miami, FL |

My bf had a argument with his kid's mother and he called the police because she had his keys the police came but her pants Pocket was ripped do to him snatching the keys out of her back Pocket so he was told that he would have to go to court his bm went to the prosecutor and didn't want to press any charges so he went to court and they let him go but he goes to DR for a vacation when he comes back custom is giving a hard time saying he has a felony but they let him go advise that he will hear from them they sent a letter to go to custom he goes then they detained him for krome how long does he have to sit until he get a bondd hearing or see a judge his kid's mother is willing to go to court like she should of the first time to explain the situation.what do you think the outcome would be

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Your boyfriend needs to retain an experienced immigration attorney to assist him. The situation has gone way beyond the alleged victim going to court and stating it was nothing and he will be let out. There is something missing with the criminal adjudication side of the story that needs attention by an experienced immigration attorney. This is your third post in over a week; he needs an attorney to assist him and advocate for him before the Government attorney and the Immigration Judge. Good luck.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.


I agree with Mr. Abbot. See an immigration attorney. A motion can be filed with the Immigration Court to have a hearing on his eligibility for bond.

714-560-0040. The answer provided is general in nature and because not all facts are known, it should not be construed as legal advice. The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship.


I agree with my colleagues.
Retaining an immigration lawyer will only benefit his interests.


You need an immigration attorney experienced in removal defense and criminal law.

I often handle case at Krome. A bond hearing will be scheduled 3 business days after the request is made. However, depending on what felony your friend was convicted of, he may not be eligible for bond.

An attorney may need to look into Post Conviction Relief in the criminal court. It is important that you move on this quickly.


The amount of time that it can take for a bond hearing to be scheduled
can depend on a number of factors including where the alien is detained,
the judge the case is assigned to, and the charges filed by ICE against
the alien. Depending upon those charges, the alien may not be eligible
for bond.

There is obviously more to your boyfriend's immigration and criminal
history. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can
determine the exact relevant facts and advise you how best to proceed.

While written by an attorney who is a Florida Bar Certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law, the statements herein should not be construed as legal advice. No attorney/client relationship has been created without a formal consultation with the attorney and the attorney has agreed to accept your case.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer