How long does it take to receive Oath Letter after passed the test? Interviewed had in San Francisco.

Oakland, CA |

I had my citizenship interview on July 18th 2012 (today) Received N-652 form after the interview with check-marked (Passed US Civic Test, Reading, Writing) and another check-marked "USCIS will send you a written Decision about your application".

I did not get the usual "heck-marked "Congratulations! You have been recommended approval."

So how long does it take for me to receive the oath letter? Is there anything I should be worried about? Your input is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Any problems come up at your interview?

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

No problems came up. I was out of there in less than 20 minutes. Since I listed no organizational affiliations, no issues with the law, and 4 trips, the IO was insistent upon this questions. I did ask if I could be scheduled for the earliest Oath Ceremony (July 25th) since I have a strip overseas in early Sept. and he said that it was not possible, as my files needed to be reviewed first. Thank you for your input.

Usually within a month you should receive the oath ceremony certificate, unless there were issues at the interview. It appears your case is still being reviewed. You should hire an experienced immigration lawyer to go to the district office and follow up your case.

I will wait for few weeks, then get an infopass and inquire if do not hear. Unless I'm told there is a problem, there is no need to hire an attorney now. There should be no problem however. I have been a model immigrant from the time I was a doctoral student to H1B to GC and now to citizenship.

Usually 45 to 90 days. But that may not apply to you. If something is up - there may be other problems. If the officer just needed to check with his supervisor - then it should be quick.

Thank you - There should be no problem. I have been a model immigrant from the time I was a doctoral student to H1B to GC and now to citizenship.

Deborah Lynne Karapetian

Deborah Lynne Karapetian

Great - thank you for being such an outstanding immigrant!