Skip to main content

How long does it take for an immigration bond to be granted?

Houston, TX |

My husband was convicted of family violence charged with a misomenor and served a 2 week sentence then was released to ICE. He already had a pending case with immigration, because we did a motion of venue which it was granted. His hearing is set for May 2011 in downtown Houston. He is detained at export plaza location and one of the guards told him he needs to be in there until his hearing but they gave him a request for bond.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You should contact a local attorney who can request a bond for your family member.

Note: The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client.

Best regards,
Neil I Fleischer
The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC
917 Main Street
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314
Direct telephone: 513 977 4209
Check out our blog for a humorous but informative look at immigration law
http://immigrate2usa.blogspot com


First, you need to hire a lawyer to go over your husband's case and determine if he is eligible for bond from immigration detention. Certain convictions will make him subject to mandatory detention, meaning that he will not be eligible for bond.

If he is bond-eligible, an immigration attorney will make a bond motion that explains to the court the reasons to set a bond amount.

It can take up to a couple of weeks to get a bond hearing before an immigration judge here in Houston, so it is important to act quickly and hire an attorney to get the bond motion filed.