How long does it take for an Expungement order to complete?

Mcallen, TX |

Once the order has been entered by the court, it may take some time for all agencies with records of the arrest (DPS, the arresting agency, etc.) to actually destroy the records. I would give it a few months, but the order is effective once it is signed.

The above answer does not constitute legal advice. You pay for legal advice; this is free. If you would like legal advice, please call me at (832) 586-8301 or visit tcstephenson.com to arrange for a consultation.

This is really a question best posed to the lawyer who assisted you with the expunction.

Timelines seem to vary, but an expunction order has the force of law when the judge signs it.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.

Welcome to the age of computers. Companies who provide "public data" acquire their information on criminal activity from the Department of Public Safety and other sources. These websites continuously update their information, but it takes time before the old information is purged and updated with current information. Your Expunction Order usually is worded to apply to government entities, not private Websites. I would suggest that if you find a website disseminating your information, you send a Certified Copy of the Order, and a polite request that they cease and desist from disseminating that information. It could take as little as a month or up to six months before your record is "cleaned". Hope this helps.

James R. "Jim" Butler,Houston,Texas,DWI Lawyer. Free Consultation .Call (713)236-8744. Pardon my typing and or grammar,I am sending from my i-phone.I only represent people accused of DWI in Texas. My answer is based upon the limited amount of information supplied in your question. The answers I give on this site are intended for general educational purposes only. If you already have an attorney, I always suggest that you consult with that attorney first.

but It says on the order that the DPS is suppose to send the order to any place it sold or gave the information to, does that take care of the websites?