Skip to main content

How long does it take an attorney to find bank accounts with the owners social security number in WV?

Richfield, NC |

My brother and I live in NC and our Mom died in WV. She had several cd's in her name, my name and my brothers name in a bank and my brother is accusing me of hiding them. She had cashed them in before she died. He does not beleive me. He told me about 2 months ago he was going to take me to court when his attorney in WV finds the cd's.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Attorneys don't just "find CDs". Just as you don't have the ability to find my accounts, I don't have the ability to find yours. He can certainly sue and make claims, but that is probably it. If concerned, you should find a probate attorney in WV for help.

Our replies to Avvo questions should not be considered specific legal advice to any individual, and no attorney-client relationship is formed with you. Our aim is to provide general principles that may be useful to the Avvo community as a whole. You should seek individual legal advice pertaining to your specific factual situation, and the laws applicable to your jurisdiction. Moore & Moore Attorneys at Law --



Thank-you, I appreciate you answering my question.


If an estate was set up and the cd's were cashed the bank where they were cashed will have record of it.

I am an Arizona attorney. AVVO does not pay us for our responses. Simply because I responded to your question does not mean I am your attorney. In Arizona a non-lawyer is held to the same standards as an attorney so there are dangers to representing yourself. This is for informational purposes only and should not be considered as legal advice. If you require legal assistance an in depth discussion of your case is needed as there are many other issues to consider such as defenses, statute of limitations, etc.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer