Skip to main content

How long do you have to wait to get a felony conviction expunged from your record?

Richmond, CA |

Was convicted of felony meth manufacturing and got paroled in 1999. Have not gotten in any other trouble other than a seatbelt ticket since then. Record is inhibiting my employment opportunites. Can I get the record expunged?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

If you served time in County Jail and were placed on Probation, it is possible to Expunge. If you went to state prison, you cannot expunge the conviction.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
(310) 707-7131

This reply should NOT be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. At this time I do not have sufficient factual/legal documentation to give a complete answer to your question and there may be more to the issues you raised then I have set out in my brief reply.


If you served time in prison you cannot get your record expunged.


First, CA does not have a true "expungement" process. Second, as the other posters have stated, if you went to prison, you aren't eligible for this relief.

Mr. Feasel is a former prosecutor in San Mateo County (CA) with over 10 years of criminal law experience. Nothing stated on this site shall in anyway be construed as legal advice, or as creating any attorney/client relationship. If you would like to hire Mr. Feasel to further investigate your situation, feel free to contact him thru this site.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer