How long do I have to hold onto someone's belongings after they move out in Michigan?

Colon, MI |

My sons girlfriend and her two kids (2 years and 7 months) moved in and lived here for over 6 months free of rent. She moved out 10 days ago today with her two kids and left all of hers and her kids' belongings in my home. She has been asked multiple times to come get her things and she refuses to come get them and hasn't made any effort to get them. What can I do? How long do I have to keep her things? Can I sell them in a garage sale?

Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

If she just MOVED out without notice
did she ABANDON the stuff? Do you
know where she moved to? WHAT
stuff are you talking about? Was there
a rental agreement? We would need more
information. If she doesn't come back in
a REASONABLE time . . . you could
probably just throw away the junk and
sell the other.

THIS ANSWER IS PURELY FOR ACADEMIC DISCUSSION ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ANY TYPE OF LEGAL ADVICE OR LEGAL REPRESENTATION.

She got into a fight with me and just left. I know where she is living. She left her clothes and her kids' clothes and toys. Multiple baby bottles and other things that belong to her ( makeup, purses, and other accessories). There was no rental agreement. She was staying here til she found a new place. There is just too much of her things cluttering up the spare room and I would like to clean it out. She has been gone for 13 days now.