How long do I have to cancel a lease and get my money back

Riverview, FL |

Can I get my money back if for good reason I will not be able to pay rent on time
I put a deposit down friday on a house I need o back out

If you have already signed the lease agreement, there is no statutory time period for you to rescind the contract. I suggest you speak to the landlord and politely explain your situation and why you can no longer afford to lease the property. Depending on the terms of your lease, the deposit may or may not be refundable and the landlord may seek to hold you to the terms of the lease. If so, I recommend that you consult with a local attorney to review the lease. At the very least, your landlord has a duty to mitigate his or her damages by trying to re-rent the property.

The hiring of an attorney is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. The information provided by this website is not intended, nor should it be construed, to be legal advice. Your use of this website, and/or the sending of information to the Fucillo Law Firm, P.L., does not establish an attorney/client relationship. Please do not send us any confidential or privileged information until such time that an actual attorney/client relationship is actually established.