How long do I have after I sign something to change my mind

Auburndale, FL |

A laywer took 1000 dollars after I told him not to

Filed under: Working with a lawyer

There isn't enough information in your post to properly answer your question. What were the circumstances in which the lawyer took your money? What is it that you want to change your mind about? If you signed a contract with the lawyer and it involved the payment of money, whether by a direct payment or through a trust account, then you likely can't revoke the contract simply because you regret it. It also depends whether the agreement allowed for refunds. Unfortunately, we need more information.

This is not to be considered legal advice nor does an attorney-client relationship exist.

As my colleague stated, there isn't enough information in your question for us to be able to provide a meaningful response.

DISCLAIMER: Brandy A. Peeples is licensed to practice law in the State of Maryland. This answer is being provided for informational purposes only and the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For legal advice relating to your specific situation, I strongly urge you to consult with an attorney in your area. NO COMMUNICATIONS WITH ME ARE TO BE CONSTRUED AS ARISING FROM AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP AND NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP WILL BE ESTABLISHED WITH ME UNLESS I HAVE EXPRESSLY AGREED TO UNDERTAKE YOUR REPRESENTATION, WHICH INCLUDES THE EXECUTION OF A WRITTEN AGREEMENT OF RETAINER.

More facts are needed to give you a good answer, but if you feel that the attorney has done something unethical, you should contact the state bar association and file a complaint.

Assuming the attorney is in Florida that would be -
The Florida Bar
651 E. Jefferson Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-2300
(850) 561-5600

En Español
http://www.floridabar.org/tfb/TFBConsum.nsf/0A92A6DC28E76AE58525700A005D0D53/129747ABDB701E5C852572D6006EEBB1