Skip to main content

How long can a 16 year old boy be held for probable cause without bond on an armed robbery charge?

Fort Worth, TX |

This case happened in Texas someone that looked like my son bought snack in a store after the young man leaves three guys with rags on there face come in with guns and rob the store. It just so happens around this time I pull my boys out of school because of a young man made threats of gang violence online I pulled that down offline and sent that to the school and send the boys to Mississippi later the police come to my home I contact them to tell them what happened and they go turn themselves in they have been in a Mississippi adult facility for about thirty days . The police just say there being held for probable cause no bail or transfer back to Texas boy have never been in anything other than a. School fight. They refused to let parents have access until after they where interrogated

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


What a mess. Everything takes longer when extradition is involved. Jurisdiction for the case still lies in the county where the case would be filed. For example, Tarrant if the warrant is out of Ft. Worth. You need to hire an attorney who practices in that county to start working on the case. She will be able to sort out the status. She may need to file a writ of habeas corpus to get him released. Whether or not this will be successful depends largely on the State's evidence in the case.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.


Contesting extradition will slow the process down. You should retain an attorney for your child. He or she can alert the police regarding invocation of your child's constitutional rights. This means that the police cannot interview the child without counsel present.

There is no confidentiality online. Volunteering to answer this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. Your son is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The likelihood of a positive outcome- exoneration or a mitigated sentence- is increased with the help of an experienced criminal litigator. Seek out an experienced criminal litigator for a free consultation. If you cannot find one on Avvo, search at the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers ( Speak to several attorneys and hire the one that makes you feel confident and comfortable. NACDL local members:

Educational purposes answer. | | | | | Non-privileged answer.


You need to hire a criminal defense attorney in the jurisdiction where the allegations are filed. How long does this take? It can take months. The sooner you get the attorney involved the better.

Good luck.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.