How long before a uncontested divorce is finalized in NY?

Hempstead, NY |

My ex and I are filing for an uncontested divorce. We have no joing property or children and have been living seperately for 5 months. I heard it can take 18 months to 2 yrs bc in NY you have to file for a seperation agreement since we do not have a fault and then it would be a minimum of 6 months after that year.. Now I am hearing a uncontested divorce in NY can take less then 6 months. Which one is true?

An experienced divorce attorney can guide you through the process, and, depending upon the facts and circumstances of your case may be able to assist you in obtaining an uncontested divorce in as little as two months. Again, it depends upon the facts and circumstances - and your question did not include enough information to fully analyze your case.

This is a perfect example of a situation in which the cost of a legal consultation can be far less than the cost of making a mistake.